Rotary in Godalming
Presented a Cyclathon
on Saturday 30 September 2017
at Godalming Fitness Gym, High Street
- We were delighted to raise £4 500 (after expenses) for Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care, the Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance, and other Rotary charities. This is a most encouraging result for the first such Cyclathon in Godalming, and hopefully will lead to this becoming an annual event.
- There were teams of up to 4 or 5 riders from local people, families, businesses and other organisations. Entries by individuals and couples were also welcome.
- Riders received T shirts, refreshments and prizes for winners, and everyone had a fun time. And it was all to raise money for these important local charities.
- There were Rotary stands to promote the Cyclathon on Saturday 26 August at the Godalming Farmers Market and on Sunday 3 September at Winkworth Arboretum’s Open Day. We enjoyed the support of Mayor of Godalming Simon Thornton, Deputy Mayor Nick Williams, and Chairman of Surrey County Council Peter Martin.
- On the big day we had 18 teams and 67 riders from a wide spectrum of the local community. See the Results page for the distances achieved by each team and the category winners. And see the Gallery page for pictures of the action and the people.
Click here for additional information.
Click here to enter and make payment.
Click here to see our photo gallery.
You may email any questions to